Position: Research Associate in Software Engineering
Location: The Centre for Research on Engineering Software Technologies (CREST), University of Adelaide, Australia
Type of Research Activities: Experimental and Applied in close collaboration with industry/government partners
Salary Range: Salary: (Level A, Step 6-8) $83,307 – $89,425 per annum plus 9.5% employer’s contribution to superannuation
Project: Engineering and Evaluating Cloud-Enabled Big Data Solutions for Mission Critical Systems
Project Lead: Professor M. Ali Babar – https://researchers.adelaide.edu.au/profile/ali.babar#my-research
Duration: 18 month fixed-term (Further extension is possible based on the performance and funding availability)
Deadline: February 26, 2018
Further details and application procedure: http://careers.adelaide.edu.au/cw/en/job/498222/research-associate-in-software-engineering
Future Opportunities in Cyber Security: There will be several opportunities for PhDs and Postdocs in the area of Cyber Security as the University of Adelaide is a key partner in the recently announced Cyber Security Cooperative Research Centre in which Professor M. Ali Babar is leading one of the eight themes: Platforms and Architectures for Security Solutions as Service. (http://minister.industry.gov.au/ministers/craiglaundy/media-releases/50-million-investment-cyber-security-research-and-industry).
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia’s leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia’s third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing. University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. It is a centre for learning, teaching and research in a vast range of engineering disciplines, computer science and high level mathematics. Academic staff are world leaders in their fields of consulting, advanced fundamental and applied research. Graduates are highly regarded by employers. The faculty offers an intellectually exciting and innovative environment in which to work.
The School of Computer Science offers high quality accredited degrees in computer science, and software engineering, has strong links with industry and a robust research ethos.
To be successful you should have:
- PhD in Software Engineering, Systems Engineering or closely related area (completed)
- Demonstrated ability in conducting and publishing high quality research on one or more of the topics related to Design and Evolution of Secure Software and Resilient Software Systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with one or more of Empirical Software Engineering, Secure Design and Validation for large scale Systems, Software Quality, Productivity and Decision Making in Secure Software Development, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Continuous Software Development and Security. Your knowledge of the indicated areas can be from technical or socio-technical perspective.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience or willingness to gain knowledge of key domains like Digital Health Care, Smart Utilities, Defence Systems, and Autonomous Transportation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in one or more programming technologies for secure software design and implementation for building and evaluating prototypes and/or automation tools.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting a research team by contributing to the mentoring of PhD and graduate/undergraduate students.
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria / ‘Knowledge and Experience’ section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Professor M. Ali Babar, +618 8313 4478 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.